Practice Simulations 0n-line for the NCMHCE Latent Image Clinical Simulation Exam
About ExamAce and the NCMHCE Exam
PTI offers online simulations that have the look and feel of the NCMHCE examination.
When you enroll and participate in ExamAce, you have the opportunity to take five (5)
clinical simulations and then receive the reports and study support listed below.
To help you prepare for, and successfully pass your exam PTI offers:
A Free Simulation To Get Started
We have provided a sample of the exam. After you answer the questions posed you will
be given a scored report to see how you did.
All of this is available for a one time cost of $95.00.
- IG & DM - Your scores for Information Gathering and Decision Making and if you have a
passing score or not. See "The Exam" below for details.
- Master Content Area Scores - Your scores in the three Master Content Areas which are
reported by NCC when you get your test results. The Master Content Areas are:
- Clinical Evaluation and Assessment,
- Clinical Diagnosis and Treatment Planning,
- Clinical Practice
- Content Area Scores - A score of your performance in each of the study areas you need to master to pass your exam. They include:
- Career Development
- Counseling Theories
- Fundamentals of Psychotherapy
- Professional Practice, Consultation, and Supervision
- Special Treatment Issues such as Suicide and Gender Issues
- Substance Use Issues
- Treatment Planning
- Personalized Study Plan - Based on your scores you then are given a Personal Study Plan that is based on your scores on each of the
content areas and a priority ranking based on the importance of topics in the NCMHCE.
The National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Examination (NCMHCE) is made up of a
series of Case Simulations.
Each simulation is designed to
Each NCMHCE Exam is made up of 10 simulations which are divided into 5-8 sections.
Each section is categorized as either an Information Gathering activity (IG) or a
Decision Making activity (DM). You must have a passing score in each category to pass the exam.
- Cover NCMHCE competency areas (content based)
- Assess the clinicians problem solving abilities in terms of:
- Treating clinical problems
- Professional Practice/Ethics/Consultation and Supervision
Information Gathering activity (IG)
During the information gathering process you gather information to answer the questions
that have been posed in that section. When you believe you have enough information,
for example for a provisional diagnosis, you stop selecting responses in that section.
Decision Making activity (DM).
In the decision making section you are asked to make clinical judgments or decisions about
treatment planning, testing, diagnosing or other areas the clinician faces in any case.
Every choice you make has a value, you lose points for selecting responses that are deemed not
appropriate, or relevant to the question that has been posed. For example, a correct response
might give you 2 points, while an incorrect choice would subtract 2 points from your overall score.
It is very important that you do not guess or uncover responses you do not think answer the
question you have been asked, you could lose points and fail the exam. This is why preparing with PTIs
ExamAce helps you make the right choices.
We look forward to helping you pass the NCMHCE!